Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Samsung Satellite Hdtv Recorder

The weight of history at Westminster Abbey


the plan for today was to see Big Ben, the British Parliament (The Houses of Parliament), Westminster Abbey and the British Museum. The first two have been relatively rapid, a very short shift to the metro and completed many security measures for that area of course, etcetera ... I thought, however, go in and out of Westminster ... and has not been well.

As soon as one enters the 'Westminster Abbey feel restrained by the weight of history and tradition. The entrance is a bit expensive, frankly, neither more nor less than 15 pounds, but gives you the right to an audio guide which can do a long run by building a detailed explanation of fledged what did you find and really worthwhile.

If you've seen the films with Elizabeth I starring Cate Blanchett, this is your place of rest, and in fact all the English kings and queens, for many, many centuries are buried there, and not only them, also all sorts of noble soldiers, architects, scientists ... everyone who was anyone in the history of the United Kingdom, in fact. Worth mentioning a very special Poet's Corner, where there remains, among many others, Shakespeare, Dickens, Lewis Carroll, Chaucer, Jane Austen, the Brontë sisters, and even actors like Lawrence Olivier ... You will put goose bumps! How about the fact of passing the grave of Charles Darwin, now that they are 200 years of birth, or see also Isaac Newton, Winston Churchill of the memorial, the tomb of the Unknown Soldier ...

If you think about it coldly, all this might be a bit morbid, wherever you look there are dead everywhere, entombats ground in niches, in sarcophagi, statues and monuments there, many of great artistic value. .. But it can also be explained as an expression of self-respect of a country that loves himself and proud n'est ... maybe we could learn something?!?

Total, which had to be in and out and I've gone into nearly four hours, without even entertain myself too, do not you think ... well, just in time to light a candle the end of the visit and pray one Our Father, in English and English to understand me to understand who I had in front of the altar at the end of the visit ... What will I say? I've heard suggestions for the environment ...






The story of the day! I connect from an Internet cafe to take my way from the McDonald's take on the wifi to upload photos from your phone into the boxes or if I need, get pretty good price, £ 1.50 connection for 75 minutes, compared with £ 1 for 20 minutes at the hotel ... The fact is that yesterday I had this conversation with the owner of Pakistani origin ...
Me: "Good night, Sir. Can I have some internet time, please?" Him: "Yes, of course, where are you?" Me (concerned with shyness, which I must have done ?!?>: "Spain" He (with humor): "know that" good night "is only called when you go to sleep, you say" Good evening "or" good afternoon "... You do not want to put me to sleep (makes gesture acotxar to bed) and leave it neglected this reason, no?!?" I (embarrassed): "It is Of course not! Thanks for the advice, sir! "

0 comments:

Post a Comment